Polymers | Our Business
JGSPC is the largest manufacturer of polyolefins in the Philippines. It is the first and only integrated PE and PP resin manufacturer in the country. We produce HDPE, LLDPE, PP-H and PP-R resins marketed under the EVALENE® brand using the world-renowned UNIPOL™ technology. JGSPC is a proud ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 14001:2004 certified company.
Process Overview | Technology
JGSPC’s polyolefins manufacturing processes are based on UNIPOL™ PE Process and UNIPOL™ PP Process Technology, known for its safety, environment-friendliness, simplicity, operational stability, cost-effectiveness and versatility. UNIPOL™’s relatively low pressures and low temperatures eliminate over-pressurization and runaway reactions, making it one of the safest PE and PP polymerization technologies available today. This gas phase process is also the cleanest in its class due to the absence of liquid and solid effluents emitted to the environment.
Today, The Dow Chemical Company’s fully owned Univation Technologies is the licensor for UNIPOL™ PE Process, while W.R. Grace & Co. is the licensor for UNIPOL™ PP Process Technology. The licensing agreements with these companies are characterized by continuous liaison, extensive documentation, complete training and technical assistance, which ensure the continuous improvement of the Plant and our personnel.
The JGSPC subsidiary plant includes the following facilities:
- Two reactors for Polyethylene with 320 KTA combined capacity
- One reactor for Polypropylene with 190 KTA capacity
- Central Control Room with Distributed Control System (DCS) Technology by Honeywell-Yamatake
- Tank Farm with cryogenic and ambient storage tanks and Flare Facilities
- Laboratory with state-of-the-art instruments for Quality Control, Quality Assurance, Product Applications and Technical Services
- Closed-loop Cooling Water System, with heat exchange to sea water
- Jetty that can accommodate 54,000 DWT vessels
- Three-hectare covered warehouse for storing up to 37,000 tons of packaged products. It includes a packaging facility for loading products into 25kg, 750kg, and 1,000kg bags, as well as in-house heavy duty bag-making equipment.
- Modern safety equipment and fire prevention facilities situated in accessible locations all over the plant to ensure the safety of employees and surrounding communities.
Compliance and Certifications
All EVALENE® grades comply with FDA Philippines food-contact requirements for PE and PP resins, and are likewise Halal certified.
With our ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 14001:2004 certifications, our customers are assured that we adhere to the highest standards for quality management and environmental performance.