JGSOC operates the first and only naphtha cracker plant in the Philippines. Downstream of the cracker is JGSPC’s PE and PP polymerization facility which benefits from the consistent supply of ethylene and propylene. The cracker’s two other products, pyrolysis gasoline and mixed C4, are sold to producers who use these as raw materials in the manufacture of intermediate petrochemical products such as benzene, toluene, xylene and butadiene, which are in turn used to make solvents, dyes, paints, foams and rubber.
JGSOC ensures stability in the supply and price competitiveness of widely used EVALENE® HDPE, LLDPE, PP-H and PP-R resins for the Philippine plastics industry.
The Country’s First Naphtha Cracker Plant
JGSOC’s $700 million naphtha cracker plant uses Lummus Technology, and is designed to primarily produce 320 Kilo Tons per Annum (KTA) of polymer-grade ethylene and 190 KTA of polymer-grade propylene, which are feedstocks for the JGSPC polymers plant. JGSOC is an integral part of JG Summit Petrochemicals Group.
Features of JGSOC’s ethylene process as adopted from Lummus Technology are:
- Use of Short Residence Time (SRT) pyrolysis furnace for high olefins yield, high thermal efficiency, long run-length, feed flexibility
- Quick Quencher Transfer Line Exchanger (TLE) for low pressure drop and short residence time resulting in minimum yield degradation
- TLE decoking technology for reduced maintenance, longer tube life and less emissions
- Low pressure chilling train for energy efficiency and lower investment cost
- Hydrogenation process for acetylene/diene towards higher selectivity, minimization of green oil production and reduction of energy consumption
- Tertiary refrigeration that results in lower investment cost, enhanced reliability and simplified maintenance
Compliance and Certifications
JGSOC operates a quality and environmental management systems which has been assessed as conforming to ISO 9001:2008 and ISO 14001:2004 respectively.